Friday, May 13, 2011
Finished the camera today........except........... I got a little light leak at the lens board. Shouldn't be a big deal to take care of. Turned out pretty good I think considering the tools I had to work with. Four coats of TruOil on the wood. Once I get my light leak taken care of I'll snap a few photos.
Monday, May 09, 2011
Got my lens board all made and painted. Now I am just doing a final adjustment of the fixed focus. Right now it focuses at about 5' 9" . At f32 everything from about 2.5 feet to infinity should be in acceptable focus. I've got some film thawing and when its ready I will try a couple of test sheets and see how it all looks.
Friday, May 06, 2011
I got my inside painted black. You can also see some patch work from my little mishap.
Here we have a shot of the front with hole for lens and the lens board I made. 1/16" steel from the home depot. 1 3/8" hole for the copal 0 hole. Turned out a bit bigger than standard but it works just fine.
And here is the lens board getting some paint. Another coat or two and that will be done.
Next I need to work on the length of my box to get my focus point where I want it. Looks like right now I need to shorten it a bit. After that, finish the outside and secure the connecting frame. Shouldn't be much longer now.
Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Moving forward after the little set back the other day. Had to change my plans slightly but its coming together. A little more sanding and maybe drill the hole for the lens tomorrow. Secure the back to the body, along with the lens, and then just finish the outside. Hopefully not too much longer now.